EDSENTIAL FRESH MENU
Edsential are our catering suppliers. Here are some of the 'Fresh Menu' highlights:
- All meals are made fresh every day from raw ingredients
- Freshly baked bread
A 3 week menu cycle giving greater variety of dishes (voted for by a selection of our current pupils)
There is a charge of £2.30 daily to be paid weekly/half-termly/termly in advance. Please note that credit is not an option. We ask for 2 weeks notice to swap between school meals and packed lunch.
PUPIL PREMIUM FREE SCHOOL MEALS
If you think you may be entitled to Pupil Premium Free School Meals, apply online at:
https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims-wirral/ (link below)
or fill in a form (attached below) and we will process your application for you. For every child registered, our school gets extra funding (pupil premium) which can use to subsidise trips or provide extra support etc. Children will also qualify for free milk each day.
You can register if you get one of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with a total taxable income of less that £16,190 provided you are not also entitled to working tax credits
- Working Tax Credit 'run on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Universal Credit (depending on how much you receive if you or your partner is working)
UNIVERSAL INFANT FREE SCHOOL MEALS
All children in Foundation Stage 2, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal, regardless of circumstances. To assist the kitchen staff with their ordering, we still ask for 1 weeks notice to swap between school meals and packed lunch. If you think your child would qualify for Pupil Premium Free School Meals (meeting the criteria above), we would urge you to still apply so that school can benefit from the Pupil Premium element and your child will benefit from a free drink of milk.
Sandbrook is a health promoting school. We would encourage you to keep packed lunches as healthy as possible.
Children are encouraged to drink water throughout the day. Juice is not permitted in school unless your child has a Health Care Plan in place and it is to disguise the taste of medicine within the bottle.